Thursday, January 13, 2011

French Bull

I Am A Mid Century Design
This collection speaks to the 50’s/60’s design culture that I grew up in - the colors and swirls and graphic focus that was so much a part of that time. 
The paper is from French Bull by Jackie Shapiro.  I found this pattern of gift wrap and ordered many rolls to paper the inside of drawers and cupboards.  I have never tired of it, and it gives me a lift every time I see it.  This pattern is called barcelona.  After placing it, I took IKEA’s roll of clear plastic dimpled mat, Rationell,  to be a protector on top of the paper.  Easy to clean and you can see the design perfectly.
Then to my happy surprise I began seeing a companion pattern on notebooks and binders called delight, along with other prints and patterns that French Bull designs.  It lead me to the website, and to the blog, and I am a devoted follower now.
In addition to stationery and paper products, the main collection holds tabletop – in particular melamine dinnerware and housewares, handbags, linens, kids, and gift. 
Brentwood General Store and Ron Robinson/Fred Segal are two retailers in LA that carry French Bull.
Come back often…
Bonnie
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
I welcome you as a Follower – a gmail account is needed to become one.
The Welcome Post, January 7, 2011, shows a road map of what will be included in future  posts by way of The Arty Adventure Highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment